Herpes Community

Herpes Cure

Does anyone have any idea of what stages of finding a cure for herpes that there is out there?  Or are the valtrex people content with make bazillions of dollars and there isn't much going on as far as finding a cure?

Search herpes cure on google and u will see an article pertaining to a potential cure for the virus
I didn't know they were that far along....guess that they could have a cure within the next year or so then....pending approval.
I really hope they do find a cure because I'm tired of this and I just got diagnosed 3-4 weeks ago.
It depends on what level of testing they are at.  I am sure they are moving quite quickly, as the issue has become endemic.  Additionally, advances in medicine are making significant strides as of late.  There is now a patent on a cure for HIV.... I can't remember the patent number, but it's waiting to be tested and will likely be available sooner than later. If they can solve HIV, they should certainly be able to tackle herpes.
Wow I really hope so. Well I'm just lookin' for God to heal me with him anything is possible.
No cure in sight though plenty of folks out there looking for one. Please do not fall into the trap of thinking that the pharmacutical companies would rather sell you drugs than cure you - that's just erroneous thinking since most folks who have herpes, don't treat it.  They actually have more to gain from an actual cure than they do treating herpes since folks would shell out decent money to get tested and cured if there was actually a cure.  You know I once did a poll on another forum asking folks how much they would pay for a herpes cure.  Out of the folks that responded - almost everyone  who responded by saying that they'd pay for a cure said  that they would pay anywhere from $1000-$5000 for it out of pocket with some folks saying they'd pay even more than that for it.  Ironically the most number of folks who responded said they'd never pay for a cure because it's not worth it to them to have one and they'd rather put the money to other uses.  

The newest potential cure on the block that I believe janus is referring to is still in the petri dish. If by chance it does show to be effective it will be a minimum of 10 years before it's widely available, not a year.  We have a checks and balance system in place for good reason plus this hasn't even made it to animal studies yet so it'll be awhile :(

grace

Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.