Herpes Community

Herpes Simplex 2 test results

I got tested for STD's and came back positive for Herpes Simplex 2, the test was called herpeselect.  The result was a 1.99 which was out of the range. I would like to know how long it would take to get a result of 1.99.  I had a possible encounter a week before I got tested and would like to know if it is possible that I got herpes and tested positive within a week, thanks
At this point you'll need to wait a few more months and then pursue additional testing. your result is a low positive and needs confirmed with further testing.

grace
Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.