Herpes Sores Inside the mouth

I have gotten cold sores at least once every year since I was a kid, so I assume I have HSV-1 oral. I don't think I have HSV2 either oral or genital, but whenever I have dental work that distresses my gums, they get very painful blisters on them in the vicinity of the dental work. Since I have read that most always HSV-1 oral sores are on the lips or outside of the mouth, is it likely that the sores on my gums are caused by HSV-2 oral, or are they just chancre sores caused by the trauma to my mouth? I am going to get tested very soon, but I want to know if I may have been unknowingly risking infecting my partners with oral HSV2. Thank you
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Thank you very much. I will get tested this week, so I will at least know a little more than I do now. But thank you for the comments.
Helpful - 0
it's very unlikely you have hsv2 orally.

It could be your hsv1 reoccuring from the "trauma'" of the dental work. could also be a reaction to something they are using too. discuss it with your dentist the next time you are there.  

grace
Helpful - 0
I am pretty sure it is just canker sores from where the dentists have been working on.I get a canker sore sometimes when I go to the dentist, haha. Do you ever get them on your tongue?
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Herpes Community

Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.
Millions of people are diagnosed with STDs in the U.S. each year.
STDs can't be transmitted by casual contact, like hugging or touching.
Syphilis is an STD that is transmitted by oral, genital and anal sex.