Herpes Community

Herpes Zoster

Hello. I had herpes zoster back in december and I would just like to know a couple of things.

Can I have sex?
Can I spread it?
Herpes Zoster is shingles, and is the same virus that causes chicken pox.

It's not an STD.

Anyone who's had chicken pox can develop shingles. However, it's contagious to those who haven't had chicken pox, or folks who are immunosuppressed, such as cancer patients.
Zoster runs its course and then is done. It's not periodically contagious like herpes simplex is.  

Did you have zoster in the genital area that you are asking about sex?

grace
Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.