Herpes Community

Herpes and Surgery

I was diagnosed with HSV 1 in June. I am currently going through another small outbreak. I am scheduled for total knee replacement on both knees in 8 days. I started taking acyclovir 3 times a day 2 days ago. I have been waiting for this surgery for years. Is this outbreak going to keep me from having the surgery? I am ready to just cry!
no it will not.   :)

grace
Thank you! I will be able to sleep much better tonight. It is a great load off my mind.
Thank you! :)
Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.