Herpes Community

Herpes and canker sores?

I have had genital herpes for about a year now.  I am 19 years old and about 4 months ago I had a canker sore type bump on my inner lip.  My lymph nodes were swollen and the bump was painful.  It quickly healed and since then I have had  clear-like tiny bumps (much smaller than the initial bump) on my inner lip.  They are not at all painful and i can pop them and eat and talk fine..no stinging or anything. Also, my lymph nodes have never swollen after.  I have never had a fever blister and none of these little bumps have appeared on the outside of my lips.  I take valtrex daily for the HSV2...Can you give me advice to what this is?  I thought HSV1 cold sores only appeared on the outside of your lips?  Is it possible that this is not herpes related and I just have chronic canker sores?  I am terrified to kiss someone because I don't want to infect someone if this is herpes related.  Do I need to go to the doctor and get a culture? Thanks so much in advance for your help.  
have you ever been blood tested to know your full hsv status?

How were you diagnosed as having hsv2?

I can't imagine that anything herpes related would be painless to pop so odds are this is something else going on. At this point following up on it is a good idea just so you know what is causing these.  If it's a reaction to an ingredient in a product like toothpaste or chewing gum or something, it would be easy to avoid that so that you aren't bothered by them as often.  

grace
I have never been blood-tested for my full status. I had sex with my ex-boyfriend unprotected (he did not know he had hsv2..i had to tell him afterwards) and I had an outbreak about 2 days after. I knew exactly what it was and went to my gyno and she confirmed it after an examination of my outbreak and prescribed me with daily valtrex.  
I luckily had never performed oral sex on him. He had performed oral sex on me, but this was prior to having sex with him.  Obviously I never let him do it after that so I don't think these tiny bumps are herpes related, but i have turned into a bit of a hypochondriac since being diagnosed because I think everything wrong with me is herpes related.  Anyways, thankyou so much for your help.  I scheduled an appointment for tomorrow am because the unknown is killing me.  
You really need to get proper testing done to see what type you have.

grace
Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.