Herpes Community

Herpes infection?

Hello guys,
Here is my situation, 4 weeks ago I deep fingered this girl that I've know for a while but not really her sex life style. She doesn't look like that but looks don't help or tell much. So as I mentioned earlier, I did finger her for a while; she had a few organs but myself,my pennis or my butt never touch her. I did get on top of her and rub my pennis on her for a few minutes but both of us were fully clothed. I was in fact wearing a really thick sweatpants.  So a few days afters I developed I guess my first herpes outbreak on my right top butt. It didn't hurt, burned, itched or anything like that. My right inguinal lymph nodes were a little sensitive and maybe hurt just a little bit. My questions are:
Can you contract genital herpes like that?
I had an igg test 2 days after the ob and both 1&2 came back negative. Are these results correct? Thank you guys!
COMMUNITY LEADER
Good morning.
You did not contract HSV or any other std from this exposure.  Herpes needs to be massaged in and you were not at risk at all from this exposure.  The virus goes not transmit through clothes either.
Hello, thank you for your response! That's what I thought but couldn't find on the Web similar to my "encounter". Somehow is playing with my head. I did used her bed but she didn't even touch my private parts and I I was not close to her so I could have space to move my arm and hand while I was fingerings her. I want to to get tested at the 12 week mark but deep inside I know that probably is gonna come back negative. So what is my condition? My Dr and dermatologist prescribed valtrex and they swear is herpes. I understand that is the last day of the year and you have family. Any inputs will be greatly appreciated!  Happy new year!!!
COMMUNITY LEADER
Did your Dr or Derm do a swab of the sores or bumps. If not I am not sure that they can be 100% on the diagnosis.  Plus if they got a real good look at what they are sure is an hsv outbreak and did not swab it thats not the best course of action. For one thing you would want to know if it's hsv1 or 2 and more important is it truely hsv.
You may have hsv but I don't see how it's possible from this exposure.  Especially in the are of concern.
If your condition is still the same go back and ask them tho swab the sores and type specific test it. If not wait twelve weeks after the last exposure and do a type specific igg herpes test.
I hope this helps a little.
Have a Happy New Year and keep me posted please
Thank you for your response.
Yes, I feel the same way and now stress and anxiety wants to kick in. No they didn't swab me, in fact my Dr didn't want to order the igg test and I forced my derm to do so. I had to pay out pocket which I was fine. My only concern if in fact is herpes is the timing of the first "ob" 3 or 4 day after the episode. Well I guess im going to have 2 very long months and I hope the results come back negative. Thanks!
One more question, if you could please help me out with this. I'm going to see my dermatologist tomorrow. The condition (scabs) look the same still. I want be prepared cuz I want to ask some questions to him. What should I ask? Tests? He said that he wants to do a biopsy. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!
COMMUNITY LEADER
Any tests that they do make sure you ask for it to be type specific. That way if it is hsv you will know if it's type 1 or 2.
A biopsy is a good idea in my opinion because if it's not hsv they should find out what it is.  

Other than that good luck and please keep me posted on how it went.
Just a quick follow up, my derm did the biopsy but I think it was more for the money than anything else (that sucks). Today I had an appt with one of my providers and told her whole thing again and she ordered blood work for all stds. She said that herpes virus can be detected within 4 weeks, is this true? How long does it take for valtrex to come out of your system? I stopped taking it on the 13 or 14th of last month. I think this test is not going to be reliable. Thanks!
COMMUNITY LEADER
4 weeks is to early but it can serve as a base line test. Then test again after twelve weeks. 4 weeks to soon for an accurate neg result from your last exposure. I am not sure how long it takes valtrex to be out of your system. You can look up the half life and then do the math
Half life is just that the time it takes for half the drug to leave your system.
Example if the half life is 3 days and you took 500mg. Three days after taking it would be down to 250mg. 3 days after that you would have 125mg...etc
  I know dealung with Dr's can be frustrating and it's not uncommon for them to be some what clueless on std's. Let me know how it goes.
Yes, they suck! I told my dermatologist that I've read the cdc website and the herpes handbook. He told me "those websites are false and give the wrong information" I couldn't believe him!
COMMUNITY LEADER
Yikes. Well just get the test and then get the results of the biopsy. If the biopsy is neg you can confidently move on as you don't have hsv. If it still bothers you get tested again after twelve weeks. I wish you well and let me know your results please.
Here I am again. So I went to see a doctor since my dermatologist couldn't help me and kinda misguided me. I explained to him the whole thing again, what I did...etc. He said that based on my encounter, my symptoms and the picture that I took the day of the possible ob. Plus the location.That he doubts that is herpes. He told that if it is herpes probably my finger was the transmitor but like he didn't buy it neither since I used my left middle finger and I had the ob on my right butt. I hope all this helps some other members!
Good morning,
What are the symptoms of a herpes recurrence? Also can you pass or contract herpes if you are wearing boxer briefs during sex? Thanks for all your help!
COMMUNITY LEADER
Usually recurring hsv outbreaks are similar to the initial but to a kesser degree and usually without the flu like symptoms. I agree with your Dr on this and you are over stressing. If you kept your underwear on and using a condom then that would add a degree more protection but again I think you need to slow down and relax a bit.
Hello guys, I'm back.
So the test came back negative for both hsv 1&2. My doctor said that antibodies should have been detected by the time of the test. Is it true? Anyways I think that probably I did contract herpes from this encounter. It's obvious that this is not an old infection. Really bad luck!
It really is time for you to move on.

You have no idea that this partner even has HSV.

If infected, you get lesions at the point of entry, not half way around your body.

The test shows you do not have HSV. Medical experts tell you that you do not have herpes.

That's conclusive, you do not have herpes.

Good luck!
The test was 5 week after possible infection, I don't know if you read my question. Anyways thank you guys for all the help and luck I'm going to need it!
Hello guys, sorry if I'm bugging again and please forgive my ignorance but I have a few more questions.
What do you mean by point of entry and not half way my body? Are you saying that i didn't contract herpes because there was not skin contact? Thanks and sorry for the inconvenience!
You only touched this girl with your finger (and she isn't a confirmed HSV2 carrier!).

If infected with HSV from this contact, then you would have it on your finger and no where else. You cannot get an outbreak on your butt!!

Time to move on, best regards!
Good evening guys, sorry if I'm bugging again. I am still a little worried about my supposedly diagnoses and this Wednesday will be week 13. Please do not kick me out, I just hope you can understand my situation. Should I test at 13 weeks or just wait until 16 weeks? Thank you and sorry once again for any inconvenience.
Yes get the IgG test type specific for HSV1 and HSV2 and the result is conclusive, it will be negative.
Good morning guys, I just want to thank you both for helping me through this misdiagnosed journey. I had an IGG test from pcl labs and both came back negative hsv1 .45 and hsv2 .29 test was conducted at 13 weeks and 5 days. Keep up the great work and thank you once again!
COMMUNITY LEADER
I am sure I speak for fleetwood as well when I say you are very welcome and we are glad you are negative.  Even though we knew this already.lol
Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.