Herpes Community

Herpes or Pubic Abscess

Hello all,

I recently discovered a mass in my pubic region (about an inch above the base of my penis) that resembles some big zits that I have had on my face. As such, I proceeded to pop this zit, resulting in several breaks in skin (it looked as if multiple "whiteheads" had emerged and burst). Some white-yellow-brownish pus like substance discharged, followed by minor bleeding. I also removed the hair follicles that were rooted in the mass.

I woke up this morning with two small cuts (or ulcers) on the still visible, but smaller mass. There is no pain when I touch the ulcers, but mild pain when I press down on the mass.

Moreover, about a week and a half ago I had two large bumps on my neck (that resembled bug-bites) and a rash on my right shoulder. These have since subsided but I wonder if the rash is a symptom of herpes in relation to the mass in my pubic area. The rash and mass are likely unrelated but I am uncertain.

There is no burning sensation when I urinate, and I always use a condom when I have sex. From my limited research online, the mass does not resemble any herpes "clusters" or the like.

I will see my doctor on Wednesday but would appreciate some preliminary insight/thoughts. Thanks.
Certainly follow up with medical attention. However you are describing what are probably a collection of probably unrelated symptoms that almost certainly are unrelated to herpes.
Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.