Herpes Community

Herpes or Yeast Infection

I can't figure out if I am having a herpes outbreak or a yeast infection. I've never had a herpes outbreak, nor have I been told that I have been exposed, but I have had a positive IGM test and negative IGG test for herpes a few months ago. The only POSSIBLE exposure was more than 6 months before the test.

I self-treated myself for yeast infection symptoms with OTC medicines two weeks ago and felt completely better. Now I feel like the yeast infection is back. I have an itchy/uncomfortable feeling near my vaginal opening and anus but no sores. I had a white, thick discharge before I self-treated and I think it's back.

I'm going to go to the doctor as soon as I can but what is the likelihood that my yeast infection just didn't go away completely? I've been hoping that the herpes test is just a fluke and waiting to get retested in a few months.
Also, the itch/uncomfortableness is relieved every time I go to the bathroom and wipe. Then it comes back about 10 minutes later.
And the issue went away completely for about 10 days after treatment and during my period.
the herpes igm test is a flawed test and shouldn't be used for the purpose of diagnosing herpes infections.  if your igg test was done at least 3 months post possible infection, you don't have hsv2.

It's best to go and be seen and get a proper work up done. no more self treating at this point.

grace
Thanks, Grace! I'm going to the doctor this afternoon. I'm almost positive that I have some sort of crazy yeast infection going on because my tongue is also white this morning. I just feel like a mess lately -- between the IGM test, a mole removal from my groin that was "questionable" but I found out was fine, now a recurring yeast infection... UGH! I feel like my reproductive organs are NOT HAPPY with me!
Confirmed -- I have a raging yeast infection. The doctor loaded me up with oral and vaginal medicine, plus a cream for the external uncomfortableness. He doesn't think I have herpes based on the results I brought him but decided to run the test again.
glad you got some proper answers now!

You might also want to check out a product called culturelle. It's a probiotic and helps to replace your good protective flora in the gi tract so that you don't get issues like this back easily. You can check out their website for more info. This product has years of good scientific testing behind it and is used in most major hospitals too. I never recommend anything that doesn't have good science and testing behind it!

grace
Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.