Herpes Community
27k Members

Herpes or strep?

So about two weeks ago, I developed a sore on the inside of my upper thigh. A day or so later, I began developing sores near my anus. They are red and crust over before starting to heal. Not too itchy or painful - just kinda annoying. Midwife was concerned about herpes, did a swab (results not due for 4 days), and prescribed Valtrex. I saw my GP and asked for a second opinion. I asked about the possibility of strep, as the day before my husband was diagnosed with strep he performed oral sex. GP said it could be a possibility and prescribed Amoxicillin.

I have GAD and waiting for test results is nearly killing me. Wondering if anyone can provide some insight?
Hi, strep is something they should be able to swab for and get results quickly.  I will tell you though, when you get a strep or staph on the skin, it usually would take some time to spread to blood stream and then erupt through skin in multiple locations.  I think you should wait for herpes test.  But . . . how would you all of a sudden have herpes?  You're a married lady. Have you talked to your husband about this?  
Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.