Herpes outbreak after typical incubation period

If a persons initial outbreak is within the typical incubation period, and is usually the worst because their body doesn't have antibodies to fight the virus yet, does this mean that if a person has an initial outbreak months after infection, and the body has had time to build antibodies, the initial outbreak wont be as bad?
COMMUNITY LEADER
The primary is usually the worst but if someone has hsv1 and contracts hsv2 then it can be very mild. But yes the primary us usually far worse then the following outbreaks
But if you have had the virus for a while without a primary outbreak, and your body has had time to form antibodies, would that make your initial outbreak less severe since you have the antibodies?
Most likely yes. I'm curious why you ask. Just curious.
Just afraid I may have HSV. I had unprotected sex 12 weeks ago and have been having pain in my buttocks, groin and legs for 8 weeks. Never any lesions. If I do have it and I get an outbreak, I'm hoping I have formed antibodies to fight it.
You won't. There is no realistic chance what you are experiencing is hsv related. That I'm very confident!!!!
I really appreciate your optimism
I have the science on my side on this. Lol
Can you please explain? Just for my own peace of mind.
COMMUNITY LEADER
People look up hsv symptoms and tingling, burning, leg and back pains are on the list. Unfortunately they don't have enough knowledge to understand the context of said symptoms. These symptoms in the absence of lesions is not realistic of hsv. I spoke with one well known hsv expert. This individual told me that in over 30 years he has seen 3 cases where such symptoms were the only tell tail to hsv. That's only three in many thousands. Plus the symptoms never lasted as long as your suggesting.
Thanks friend. I sure hope you are right.

You are reading content posted in the Herpes Community

Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.