Herpes Forum

Herpes question

I recently had a sexual encounter 3 weeks ago, protected intercourse with no oral. Recently I have been feeling really ill so went the doctor and was diagnosed with a bad case tonsillitis and epiglottitis. I noticed that one of the causes for tonsillitis was herpes simplex virus, what are the chances that my recent illness was caused by this? Could genital herpes cause tonsil issues?
Protected intercourse with no oral sex involved would not cause throat and tonsil issues.  Did you kiss this person?  Were any swab tests done from your throat?

Terri
Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.