Herpes Community

Herpes testing

Hello . I encountered first sexual intercourse in protected . After 2 days i got blisters nd ulcer in my penis . I went to test for antibody after 1 month. They do combined hsv 1 and 2 and result came 95iu/ml . (Less than 5 is negative ) . I went to doctor he said the value is very high it is recent infection . And i asked him to do type specific but the test is not available their . My question is . Is it correct my doctor is telling this is recent infection ?
Hi, if the blister appeared on the part of your penis that was covered with the condom it would not be herpes related as first time outbreaks appear at point of contact.
Thank you .then  What about antibody test . It is highly positive . I have no past history of hsv 1 .
The first thing to note is that you value is neither high nor low, but the perfect value for a person with an established infection. The value is not relevant to the conclusion that you carry HSV.

The best that can be concluded is that you have an oral HSV1 infection from your youth. This occurs in over 70% of the population but maybe even higher depending on where you are.

Did you receive unprotected oral sex? Are you saying this is the first time you have ever had sexual intercourse? Have you ever put a condom on before this encounter?

Ya this is my first intercourse nd i didnt do any oral sex till now . Im sure i wear a condom but i dont know whether it broke or not .
Then this raises the very strong possibility of a reaction to the condom material, probably latex intolerance. If a condom broke you would know it. They pretty much completely break apart.

As mentioned, you have had HSV1 since your youth and there is no reason to suspect HSV2 is an issue here.
Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.