Herpes Community

Herpes whitlow !?!

My 2 year old woke up with this penny sized blister on her palm, it's really red around it. I'm 100% sure this was not there at 10:30 last night when we both went to sleep. I'll ipload a pic to my profile for anyone to see if they know what it is or if it could be heretic whitlow. For the record she does not have oral herpes. But I could possibly have hsv2 haven't been tested yet but have had symptoms.
Your really going in the wrong direction with this. Your doctor said its scabies so im not sure why your insisting its hsv2 herpes and bringing in child protective services concerns. Go have a blood test to see if you have herpes
Is it even at all possible to transmit herpes through indirect contact?
My IOS device won't allow me to upload a picture, but there is one blister on the bottom palm of her hand that is almost the size of a penny and it's really red around the blister. The blister itself is flat not raised like it's gonna burst. And when I feel or push down on it feels almost like a lump/ bump
This does not sound like a herpes lesion at all. There are a number of things it could be so I'd see a doctor quickly (hand, foot and mouth for example).
Your daughter is not at risk of any genital HSV2 infection you may have, although I suspect there is no reason to assume you do have one.
I also wanted to comment that she had the same blister to appear on her palm about a month and a half ago on the same hand, it was about the same size and was deep-seated in the palm just like the one she has now. It never burst open or turned into a sore it just gradually went down within a week and a half, but left her hand red in that area so that means whatever it is, it's definitely recurrent. So that automatically put herpes in my mind. She has an apt to see an allergist tomorrow morning to see if she have skin allergens, next will be a dermatologist. Her pediatrician just says its scabies but I know that can't be it looks nothin like scabies. is there any other way I can send you a picture of her hand?
Herpes should never have entered your mind. Seek medical advice for the diagnosis. Online pictures do not help in this regard.
I took my toddler to an allergist on the 7th and he looked at her hand and told me it could be allergies, or it could be infectious.. He did in fact bring up herpes whitlow without me asking about it. He went through all the tests that he was going to perform on my daughter and herpes select test 1/2 were apart of it. I asked him does it look like whitlow and he said "no" so why would he order a test for it if didn't think that's what it was? I'm glad he did but it's scaring the hell out of me .
Most likely just to rule out herpes. By the way, Whitlow is rare and most at risk are in the dental profession and the finger is the common place for an outbreak not the palm. Also  whitlow turns into a open blister that very painful not just a red mark that goes away on its own. I would not be concerned about whitlow at all as for her to contract it, she would have to rub her finger into an open lip sore that someone was having and im sure that did not happen.
Hi thanks for your response, it was actually a blister that popped up on her palm over night, it looked more like a friction blister that didn't have any fluid inside, I could push on it and instead of it bursting it just feels like a lump under the skin. It popped up Saturday morning and now is gone today (Wednesday where I'm at) there is only a red mark there now. This is the second one that popped up on that same hand . That don't sound like whitlow to you ? I say that because it's recurring .
Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.