Herpes Community

Herpes

I am going to go down to be tested for herpes tomorrow (I was told I had Molluscum by a NP a month ago after having it for about a month but she didn't swab or take any other tests to confirm or deny it, plus the sores in question look different and I'm unsure they were there when I first went down) and I read if the herpes sore isn't new, the result isn't always positive with a swab.. so I would assume it would be best to take a blood test.. That being said, if I take a blood test, will the result be accurate after 82 days after my last sexual encounter?
How accurate is the swab if the lesions are not brand new? That's what I had done today.
If the lesions have been there for more than 48 hours, odds of a false negative are high.

You need to wait the full 4 months to get the blood test.

they don't test for molluscum most times with any testing - it's just a visual diagnosis in most cases.  are you treating your molluscum with aldara or anything?

grace
I sent you a message in regards to personal information on this topic so if you could please respond on there, Thank you.
I do not reply to personal messages as is stated in the read before posting post on this forum.

grace
Yes, I have been but it doesn't seem to be doing much as I have a lot of lesions and not enough Aldara.

Question, does herpes always burn and hurt? My lesions don't appear to be burning but I used Apple Cider Vinegar on a lot of the lesions which appearred to scab them all, as well as the ones that were swabbed the other day and then they started to itch and most of the ones she swabbed (except one) went away which makes me worry I had waited too long to get tested. I only used the ACV because I went to Planned Parenthood and the NP told me it was Molluscum on a visual exam and that it didn't look like Herpes to her and basically told me it was not without doing a Herpes test. Hopefully, These lesions look different than the other ones but they were on the inner labia unlike the other ones so I wonder if Molluscum looks different there? I went to the Health Department Friday to get tested for everything 80 days after my last sexual encounter (the lesions appeared 1 about 2 weeks after I had LAST had sex with the same guy I had been with for 5 months) and 38 days after I had been told I had Molluscum. I started getting lesions about a month before I first went to the doctor but more kept cropping up in other areas and Idk if that was from shaving or whatnot but I've been dealing with this whole thing for over 2 months. I've got some on my legs and arms too.  Is this typical of a first herpes outbreak or what?  Does an initial Herpes outbreak always hurt? Also.. while I was at the health department the NP swabbed my vaginal fluid and looked at it under a microscope and she said there was an overwhelming amount of white blood cells so she gave me Azithromycin. What could cause white blood cells in vaginal fluids, she suspected Chlamydia but could there be anything else? Sorry to bother you with all these questiions but I have to wait a month for my results.
did they actually test you for chlamydia or just treat you for it? are you having any discharge now?

I recommend a dermatologist at this point if you've managed to spread molluscum over this many body parts.

aldara is very irritating to the genital area for many folks. I'd suspect that as the culprit more than herpes.

grace
Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.