Herpes Community

Herpes

I want to ask a question about a few tests I took one from Labcorp and one from Quest. I had a sit down with my doctor and ask him about an HSV2 test that was 3.51 high I guess that's positive?. He told me not to worry about it and ask if i had any symptoms. I told him no and on Dec 29 2015 I took another it came back 3.72. I didn't have a sit down with the doctor yet into Tues so I guess I have HSV2 now. also they was both from Labcorp. Should I retest with quest or it just a done deal??? also this was the test dates a result's

04/04/2014 Quest

HSV 1/ 2 IGG HERPESELECT AB
HSV 1 IGG, AB HERPESELECT TBR
HSV 1 IGG HERPESELECT SPEC AB 0.27 0-0.89 INDEX
VALUE INTERPRETATION
----- --------------
1.10 POSITIVE

HSV 2 IGG, AB HERPESELECT TBR
HSV 2 IGG HERPESELECT SPEC AB 0.22 0-0.89 INDEX
VALUE INTERPRETATION
----- --------------
1.10 POSITIVE

08/05/2015 Labcrop

HSV 1 and 2-Specific Ab, IgG
HSV 1 IgG, Type Spec <0.91 index 0.00 - 0.90 01
Negative <0.91
Equivocal 0.91 - 1.09

HSV 2 IgG, Type Spec 3.51 High index 0.00 - 0.90 01
Negative 1.09

HSV, IgM I/II Combination <0.91 Ratio 0.00 - 0.90 01
Negative 1.09

12/29/2015 Labcorp

HSV 1 and 2-Specific Ab, IgG
Negative <0.91
Equivocal 0.91 - 1.09

HSV 2 IgG, Type Spec 3.72 High index 0.00 - 0.90 01
Negative 1.09

I only been with one person which is my wife. I told her and she ..... anyway told me it was clear and gonna retest again this weekend. and I think she test after aug 8. I'm trying to figure out how I got it, that's what's driving me crazy. If she don't got it how I got it. The Doctor didn't tell me i'm positive but it looks like it on paper so I'm assuming that what he gonna say. thank for taking the time out to read. sorry for the bad english
Hi, yes the test do show your positive for hsv2. And would not repeat it at this point. Do have your wife test as well but its only passed through sexual exposure.
No I'm waiting but if she's clear what that means because I only been with her.
You got it from somebody. In rare cases it can be passed from the genital area to the oral from oral sex but if youve not given anyone other than you wife oral sex you will have your answer.
also no symptoms
Many have no symptoms. If you still have doubt then take the Western Blot test which is the gold standard in herpes testing.
I took a test on Saturday from quest  HSV 2 IGG HERPESELECT AB and got 0.14 this is a problem
now I'm confused sorry to bother you
ok thanks
I just seen her results and it was .22 quest that was 3 weeks after me aug 26 I don't know how I got it. She doing time periods I'm just really lost I'll  feel better if I know where it came from
This is all a bit strange. Why are you testing for HSV? There is no need to in a committed relationship.

One approach is simply to forget all about it. go on with your life and don't test again. Your wife may need to if she falls pregnant.

If you need to find out and are in the US, then you should obtain a Westernblot. It is possible you had a false positive.

If this confirms you have HSV2 and you have never had any relations except with your wife who is negative then one possibility is that it passed to you during birth.
well tell my wife that. Some women will think cheating. I do a full std test two times every year into 2015 I came up positive. we been together since 2008 neg all those years. and also I have job that deal with people, that do have stds or cancer etc. she need to understand that too. Thanks I will look into Westernblot. also to note all them years was quest in 2015 was the first time i had labcorp. I'm going to get another full test done to make sure if there's was an error and do Westernblot just for the HSV-HSV2
Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.