Herpes Community

Herpes

I went to the doctor and got an sti check for everything. Which also included a blood test. It came back a low positive testing. But I never ever had an outbreak. So I called another doctor and she said that I came in contact with some one and as long as I didn't have any bumps I will be fine. The partner I was involved with went and got tested and he doesn't have it, nor had any symptoms.  It's been two months and I still never had an outbreak. What does this mean? Am I fine? What should be done ?
Exactly what test did you have? IgG or IgM? Type specific for HSV1 and HSV2 or combined?
Combined testing
Combined testing is fairly useless. This has probably identified an oral HSV1 infection from your youth.
I thought so because a couple of months before i gotten tested, it's a habit to just get every thing. & like I said I never had any symptoms. The second doctor told me the same thing. but does that mean I can't have sex ? Or should I give it more time ?
You do not have genital herpes, so all is good!

People with HSV on their genitals can (and do) have plenty of sex!
Thank you.
Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.