Herpes Community

Herpes???

Hello. Question that is driving me nuts. For the past month or so, I have had a feeling like something is not quite right down below. It started with itchiness and I tried a yeast infection treatment that sort of worked. A little irritation still existed. Then I noticed what felt like a cut or abrasion to my clitoris. That went away. I might mention I am in a monogamous 7 year relationship and neither of us have had breakouts, but my husband has been predisposed to cold sores since childhood. Then we went on vacation and after I came back I had small cuts to my perineum. They appeared to be papercuts. I thought maybe these were from straining to do #2. I happened to have my annual exam on the Monday one week after we came back and the gyno said the papercuts could be bacterial, yeast, or HERPES??? She tested for all three, cultured and they came back negative. Wheww...or so I thought. She said it could be just from irritation or from my husbands use of topical Aldara, which we are careful not to use before sex, we wait about 3 days....Then a few days later I noticed it was sore down there and hurt like a UTI. The papercuts that she tested are healed but the inner area is sore and has what appears to be small ulcers? Not clustered. One on one side and two on the other. Could this indeed be herpes? We never do oral when he has a cold sore and he hasnt had one in a year. Neither of us are cheaters I am sure of that. Could this be something else? If it is a primary outbreak I have no flu symptoms or anything else. What do you all think???
also I might mention, when we were on vacation we used the hot tub. After getting out of the hot tub we noticed our skin smelled like a fish tank and promptly took showers. Can it be a uti from the hot tub?
Your doctor has been doing the proper testing at this point from the sounds of things.  

What testing did they do for yeast and bacteria?

How long has your hubby had warts?

grace
Cultures for yeast and bacteria. Both negative. Papercuts negative for hsv
He has had warts since the age of 20 or so, and even though I didnt know him then, I got them too around that age, and they never reappeared on me. Can you get a bad reaction from a dirty hot tub Grace? WHat do you think this is?
PS--Husband said he will go for blood tests to see if he is in the clear and maybe that will help to find what is wrong with me and possible him too in the future???? Iam so stressed out over this.........
Have you had your gardasil shots?  Has hubby had any of his warts removed to be sure that they were really warts reoccuring this often?

I'd return to your provider monday for further evaluation since you are getting new symptoms. Hot tubs are reknown for causing vaginitis so they might want to do some bedside testing instead of sending off cultures to the lab this time.

grace

We are 40 so Im not sure you can get Gardasil at that age. Yes he had his warts biopsied.
Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.