Hsv 1

Hello please help... I tested for hsv1 ar 2.44igg and negative for hsv2.  But posture for Chlymadia could that throw off my results??! And what does the 2.44igg mean?? I keep reading that if its higher than 5.0igg then it's a true positive ... Please help I'm really worried
Anybody???
COMMUNITY LEADER
Chlamydia will not throw off your igg test results. It is possible that the 2.44 is a false positive. Anything less than a 3.5 needs confirmation testing. The most accurate test for hsv1 is the western blot from the University of Washington.
How do I get that test??? I'm in California?? Also I smdont remember ever having cold sores or anything like that on my genitals ... I've been tested for all this stuff before and it's never come back positive like hsv1... Do you think think it could be a false positive and what would cause that??
COMMUNITY LEADER
It could be a false positive or the test missed the infection on your previous test.
Igg tests miss at least one out of ten hsv1 infections.
  You can contact the university of Washington and they will ship you the kit. Then you have a Dr draw the blood and ship it back to them.
Igg blood tests look for antibodies the body produces when hsv is present. Not the actual virus. Some times the test sees another odd protiens and triggers a low positive response. The higher the numeric value of the test the more confident the test is it saw the antibodies. Like I said, anything under a 3.5 needs confirmation. You can take another igg test and see or get the western blot.
Also I'm taking HGH Peotides shots for low Dhea... Could this trigger a low positive in the HSv1??? Since my score was 2.44igg

You are reading content posted in the Herpes Community

Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.