Herpes Community

Hsv 2 for a year & 9months pregnant

I have herpes 2. I was told that I have to have a vaginal birth if I have no outbreak. But I know it's still a very possible to give it to my daughter. I am really worried about her getting it along with the strep b I have. Is there any way I could have a c-section?
Hi, taking antivirals would greatly reduce any risk. Talk to your doctor about having a C section but with correct doctor supervison and taking antivirals the chances of passing to the baby is really quite low. How were you diagnosed for hsv2?
Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.