I don't like HSV-1 antibody tests

Hi, all. This is my first time posting on a medical support forum, and I suppose I'm just venting a bit of anxiety. I just want to say that I don't like hsv-1 antibody tests.

I'm a 32 year old guy and recently have had to return to the dating pool. After a condom scare, my current date went to an urgent care clinic and got a full STD work up including hsv antibody titers. She was positive for hsv-1 IgG and nothing else. She has never had cold sores. A little more than 60% of people our age have these antibodies, meaning that I in all likelihood have them myself, though I don't know.

So we both performed oral sex on each other last night, and I can't stop thinking about it now. She did not have any cold sores, never has to her knowledge. I know there's no concrete data on actual rates of transmission in this setting, but I guess I'm just looking for confirmation that I'm not at high risk of contracting hsv1 genitally from a single act of oral sex in the absence of sores.

In other news, I really don't like being single -- there's so much to be anxious about! Had she never gotten this test, I would not be anxious at all. Now I'm a basket case, which is why I'm here for support. Thanks, friends.
It sounds like you are more than 14 days past incident. Hence given odds were 1 in thousands to begin with, then without sores you can be confident you were not infected genitally.
No, we just had oral sex yesterday. But it does help to hear you say that the odds are that low. Do you happen to have a reference for that? I know I'm being overly anxious about this, and that it's far more likely that I would contract oral HSV-1 from passionate french kissing (inevitable, considering that ~90% lucky enough to live long lives will get it in our lifetimes), but I'm a numbers-minded guy and would benefit from your knowledge.
Found a very comprehensive thread from 2009 that really calmed my nerves. If anyone has similar questions, this thread is really very helpful:

http://www.medhelp.org/posts/STDs/risks-for-hsv-1-transmission-by-asymptomatic-shedding/show/1019622

You are reading content posted in the Herpes Community

Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.