Herpes Community

I may have gotten herpes

I had oral sex with a woman not too long ago, a few days ago I started feeling a weird numb/burning sensation in my lip, then a small spot appear under my lip on the right, it has since grown a lot (now about 3mm diameter) its like under the skin its hard and painful when I touch it.

I am worried I may have contracted herpes...

If so, which type, and I've read numerous things on getting rid of the sores (most contradict each other), some say apply hot, some say apply cold, any suggestions?

thanks for the help..
Does she have genital herpes?

Oral herpes is typically blister-like, sometimes clustered - not just one spot that is hard. (google oral herpes, images) But, the only way to know if you have herpes would be a swab of the lesion. Even then, if it's been more than a few days, it may be too late to get an accurate swab. You could get an IgG type specific blood test, but if it is in fact a new infection, the test won't show accurate for about 16 weeks (until the body starts producing antibodies).
Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.