Herpes Community

I'd like opinions on my recent HSV 2 igG test result.

I'm entering a new relationship and we decided to both get tested for STD's. I chose to a 10 test panel and had blood drawn this past Friday March 14 at a LabCorp clinic. I received the results yesterday. The HSV results are as follows:

HSV 1 IgG, Type Spec <0.91 0.00-0.90 index 01

Negative 1.09

Note: Negative indicates no antibodies detected to
HSV-1. Equivocal may suggest early infection. If
clinically appropriate, retest at later date. Positive
indicates antibodies detected to HSV-1.

HSV 2 IgG, Type Spec 1.31 HIGH 0.00-0.90 index 01

Negative 1.09

HSV-2. Equivocal may suggest early infection. If
indicates antibodies detected to HSV-2.

My obvious concern is the "High" result of the HSV-2 test. After spending much of yesterday becoming a "Google expert" I feel a bit better and have made an appointment for a consultation with the Westover Heights Clinic. Which is next week, until then I guess I'm looking for additional feedback on my result.

Sexual history: My most recent encounter was unprotected with a woman I've known for several months on December 1, 2017 it was a one time encounter. The previous encounter was also unprotected with another woman whom I was acquainted with in early October 2017 it was a one time encounter. Previous encounters were in 2015. I don't consider myself to have an at risk lifestyle and have never experienced any symptoms of HSV. On a side note I had a severe case of chicken pox in my early teens.

I would appreciate any insight on the subject.

Best regards
Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.