Information about genital HSV-1

Hi Doc, I've recently found out that I have been tested positive for HSV-1 in the genitals and i feel saddened.. I have received oral from a woman a few weeks ago. Right now, i am using cream to help with my ulcers on my penis. I've read a lot about HSV 1 but there are some questions that I still don't quite understand.  

1. I know that HSV-1 is predominantly located on the mouth. However, since i have it on my penis would outbreaks occurs just as often as it in the the mouth?

2. My ulcers seem to be healing, and soon may disappear. I have been told that what i have right now is a primary OB but it will get easier, and eventually there will not be any symptoms. In that case, even though I do not have any signs or symptoms, will the person who gives me oral receive HSV1?

3. What about unprotected genital - genital contact? I heard that hsv1 is mainly based around the mouth. I do think about my future a lot. I am still young at the moment, but there will be a time where id like to have kids and also have unprotected sex. If I end up having no symptoms of any sort years later, would I be okay to have unprotected sex?

How did you find out you have it? was it through a swab or iGg test?
Swab test

You are reading content posted in the Herpes Community

Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.