Herpes Community

Is herpes the worst STD to have, besides AIDS, HIV, and syphillis?

Im really getting depressed about the situation of having herpes. I just want to know if it is really the worst STD to have. Like in comparison to gonarrhea and chlamydia. Please post your opinions thank you!
In fact, herpes is a mere skin condition for the vast majority of folks (45+ million) who have it. It's incredibly common and nothing more than a nuisance at times. Untreated it does nothing but pretty much cause lesions which heal over. Most people never even have recognizable symptoms.

Untreated gonorrhea and chlamydia can cause serious and permanent health problems in both women and men, so both would be considered more serious than herpes.

Become educated about herpes here:

http://www.ashastd.org/herpes/herpes_learn.cfm
Its not the worst STD.. Its not going to kill us, just inconvenience us... though unfortunately its with us for life. The reality is though, its really not that big of a deal. When the body is stressed out, we have outbreaks. Some uninfected people get pimples or a cold when they stress out, however, we get herpes. Herpes is just a few sores here and there and flu like symptoms its NOT some flesh rotting disease that will take over your body and turn you into a Shrek look alike. Herpes is all about reputation, people don't understand it and assume the worst, remember its just an inconvenience. Don't let it get you down!
my boyfriend has just found out he has herpes and he told me women are the carries and he caught it from me ive never had it and had regualr check ups after my ex and he says it takes two months to show i have no sins of anything wrong... is it most definate that now he has it i have it too???
Are you kidding?  This is so common that we don't even test for it in my country.  You probably had HSV1 since childhood right?  How much grief has that caused you?  Why should HSV2 cause you any more grief than this?  Chin up girl. 1 in 5 sexually active adults has this.  Get your Google out and type in Celebrities with genital herpes.  You will see quite a few familiar faces.  Get yourself a cup of tea and google it and you will see what I mean.  Strewth!
my boyfriend has just found out he has herpes and he told me women are the carries and he caught it from me ive never had it and had regualr check ups after my ex and he says it takes two months to show i have no sins of anything wrong... is it most definate that now he has it i have it too??? please help as im loosing my mind with worry right now!!! please
Your BF is full of crap basically. Men and women both can get herpes; neither sex is the designated "carrier". How was he diagnosed as having herpes? Indeed, you both should know your herpes status - an IgG type specific blood test is what you'd both want.

Read here to become educated about herpes:
No - actually.  Good question.  It doesn't necessarily follow that you have HSV2 yet but you might have.  It can take a while for herpes to be passed on.  
he went to a doctor because he had a white mark on his penis which has been there for  months he first said it was a cut  on a scar from a previous operation! he didnt have a blood test he says he has to have it cut off tommorrow i have no signs of anything is it posotive that i have it too??? thanku for ur reply
we have been together for over a year and it appeared on him in march he lives in england and im currently abroad so i havent seen him since march im so scared!
If you have caught herpes and it is symptomatic then the lesions can show up anything from 2 days after you contracted it up to about the 3 months mark.  Many have asymptomatic herpes though.
and whats hsv2?? i thought it was hpv
If it is HPV you should go to the HPV forum.  HPV is also very common though.  

You need to check that it has actually been diagnosed as that.

Have you been using condoms?  If so, this reduces risk of transmission for most STDs.

But you should get over to the HPV forum.
Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.