Is it herpes?

I have had 1 white bump beside my clitoris for the last 4 months. Sometimes I have slight itching/tingling sensation all over my vagina but no burning during urination or pain on bump. The bump is hard, and I haven't been able to pop it. Im scared its herpes but everything I see online says an outbreak usually only goes up to 6 weeks, I noticed the bump in May and its September now. I thought it may be a cyst but the itching is making me worry more. I plan on going to the health department when I can get an appointment as I do not have insurance or hundreds of dollars for an exam else where.
It might just be a cyst because i think Herpes usually shows up in clusters and I have a cyst on my shoulder and it's hard and gets itchy sometimes but still read more up on it
I am glad that you plan to have this looked at and in the meantime I honestly think that you should not worry. The itchiness suggests a mild thrush infection.

You are reading content posted in the Herpes Community

Millions of people are diagnosed with STDs in the U.S. each year.
STDs can't be transmitted by casual contact, like hugging or touching.
Syphilis is an STD that is transmitted by oral, genital and anal sex.
Frequency of HIV testing depends on your risk.
Discharge often isn't normal, and could mean an infection or an STD.
STDs aren't transmitted through clothing. Fabric is a germ barrier.