Herpes Community

Is it herpes?

I have had 1 white bump beside my clitoris for the last 4 months. Sometimes I have slight itching/tingling sensation all over my vagina but no burning during urination or pain on bump. The bump is hard, and I haven't been able to pop it. Im scared its herpes but everything I see online says an outbreak usually only goes up to 6 weeks, I noticed the bump in May and its September now. I thought it may be a cyst but the itching is making me worry more. I plan on going to the health department when I can get an appointment as I do not have insurance or hundreds of dollars for an exam else where.
It might just be a cyst because i think Herpes usually shows up in clusters and I have a cyst on my shoulder and it's hard and gets itchy sometimes but still read more up on it
I am glad that you plan to have this looked at and in the meantime I honestly think that you should not worry. The itchiness suggests a mild thrush infection.
Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.