Herpes Community

Is that new infection

Hello . I encounterd my first sex 1 month before . I tested for herpes antibody . The result came positive with Igg: 95 iu/ml and igm negative . Within 1 month the antibody level increases this much ??
This has been answered before, please read carefully:
- you have had a combined test for HSV1/2
- at week 16 you can go back and ask for a type specific IgG test for HSV1 and HSV2 but I do no think this is necessary
- you have had an oral HSV1 infection from your youth is the only conclusion you can draw at present
- you are worrying too much about the sexual encounter and have no symptoms of herpes.
Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.