Is this herpes? I'm unsure...please help

I am paranoid that I may have contracted genital herpes from my ex boyfriend. I'm uncertain of his herpes status but I know he had a pretty promiscous past and i don't know if he ever was tested. We had unprotected sex probably 8 times in January and February. I know that is foolish I am on birth control though. I never saw any lesions on his genitals. About three weeks ago I started experiencing muscle aches that occurred throughout my body that would last for a few seconds and then go to another area on my body. That lasted about four days. Then a week and a half a later I started experiencing what felt like nerve shock feelings throughout my body and also and crawling/numb sensation on my left labia minora. It would last about 10 second then leave and come back many time thorough out the day. This lasted 10 days. I haven't seen any lesions, redness, or felt itching. I was tested two weeks ago and am negative for 1 and 2. Though I'm aware the window was too small so my results may not be accurate. Is this herpes? What else could cause the tingling?  I may also add I do have reynauds disorder, and a livedo reticularis discoloration that showed up in the last month. I also have severe anxiety and spend hours a day researching stds and living in fear I have one... Please help!
And sorry the tingling is on my left labia majora
Hi, symptoms like your describing that come and go are not indicative of herpes as a sore would appear shortly after the tingling started.
Bottom line is if your friend did not have any genital sores at the time your risk would be close to zero that you contracted herpes.
Even without a condom? Thank you for the respnse
Even without a condom.
Do you think I need to get tested again? Thank you for response.. I'm so worried ;-(
If it will ease your worries then testing at the 8 week mark would be a good indicator and 3 months for conclusive.

You are reading content posted in the Herpes Community

Millions of people are diagnosed with STDs in the U.S. each year.
STDs can't be transmitted by casual contact, like hugging or touching.
Syphilis is an STD that is transmitted by oral, genital and anal sex.
Frequency of HIV testing depends on your risk.
Discharge often isn't normal, and could mean an infection or an STD.
STDs aren't transmitted through clothing. Fabric is a germ barrier.