Herpes Community

Is this herpes or something else?

I have been itching on my labia minora and mons pubis for the past two weeks, as well as my inner thigh and the front of my thigh. The itchy is uncomfortable but not to the point it is unbearable.  I had one bump on top of my vagina (mons pubis).  It itched a little bit.  I left it alone for two days, then popped it.  When I did, it looked like a pimple and I had a slanted hair inside of it.  I put alcohol, aloe vera, and tea tree oil on it and it disappeared completely after 24 hours.  I have no more bumps, but itching has persisted.  It has been about two weeks.  This is not the first time the itching happens. The first time was over 6 months ago after I had a one night stand.  I was really drunk and I do not remember if I used protection or not.  I had one bump also, but I had shaved and my skin gets really irritated after I shave, which is why I hardly ever do it.  I am also a very anxious person.  So I dont know if this has anything to do with the itching.  The bump has been gone for about three days now, but I am still itching.  Please help.
COMMUNITY LEADER
This is not hsv related. See your gyno for the itching. You may have a ph imbalance or yeast.
Thank you! I will make an appointment as soon as I get off my period.  I just started this morning!
Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.