Herpes Community

Just tested positive. Could use some advice

After many months of testing and retesting and thinking I was in the clear (this has been going on for over 6 months now) I just tested positive for HSV-1. My IgG was 1.78. So well into the positive range. I'm not entirely sure what to do with myself. How do I get passed this? It's genital HSV-1. Any advice would be appreciated.
Any back story like lesions or anything? Anything under 3.5 should be confirmed with a western blot test!
It falls well into the false postive range. If if you never tested postive before then almost certainly this is a false positive
Sorry, I should have added information. I have a few more detailed posts from a few months back that explain my situation and what happened to me. Here's a brief summary. In October of last year, I had a splotchy rash on the end of my penis that hurt and eventually went away. It came back as a widespread rash that seemed to be kept under control with yeast infection medication as I spoke with a physician and she said this was her best guess. I didn't have any lesions or open sores that scabbed over. Only the rash. I tested frequently for this. I tested 1 month, 3 months, and 4 months after the symptoms appeared and I tested negative for HSV-1 and HSV-2 both times. This time, I tested positve for HSV-1 and the number was 1.78. So your suggestion is that I should take a western blot to confirm? Do you know the likelihood that this is a false positive? Is it common for people to receive a false positive around this number this late after possible infection?
COMMUNITY LEADER
Yes it is common for low false positives to turn up at anytime.  You can take the westerblot as that will sort this out. I myself had a false positive for hsv1 at a 1.3. Westernblot proved negative and I took two more igg tests and they were neg as well.
Thank you. Maybe I'm not actually positive. I'll retest with the western blot and maybe more IgG tests. Thank you.
Hello, I was wondering when I should retest and do the Western blot? Should I wait a little while or would it work to do so now?
Just retest with the Westernblot, it's really arcurate and it's been long enough it should be conclusive.
Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.