Herpes Community

Lip

I have a red patch on my upper lip that is red, dry,  but no blister and does not itch.  It burns when I get somethign acidic on it.  I noticed that I had a blister under my tongue a few day ago.  My upper lip feels a bit tight, like after getting windburn.  I did have a scab over the area, like a layer of soft skin. I'm 51 years old, female.  
Hi Hoosie,

My advice for you would be to visit your doctor, or a good dermatologist.

Keep an eye out for anything developing around your genetalia and if the condition around your mouth deteriorates then make sure your are seeking physical medial advice.

Hope this helps
at your age, it is quite likely that you do have hsv1 orally. have you ever been tested for herpes to know your hsv1 and hsv2 status?

could this be herpes causing your problems?  It could be but it sounds more like just chapped lips more than anything.

blisters under the tongue usually are mucoceles and not std related at all.

grace
Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.