Herpes Community

Lip blister

For few months,  I found that my lip is dried and the skin on lip tend 2 tear off. After it recovers itself, then few days later, the skin start to tear off again. I have applied few type of lipbalm and even petroleum jelly like vaseline and QV cream, but it does not show better effect.Lately, I have got a blister on lip. Then the blister breaks.  I neither get kiss from anyone nor doing oral sex.I am afraid that i get oral herpes. i went for a pharmacist and she just advised me to use 'virless cream'.which is the cream for herpes.. I am worried. May I know is there any cure from this? and may i knw wat is the cause of this problem? Will this kind of problem being spread to others?
This really doesn't sound like herpes.  Maybe some form of fungal infection in the lips.  Or they are just dried out.  I would speak to your doctor about it and show them what is going on.  

You may have had HSV-1 as a child from a kiss from auntie or uncle.  

There is no cure for HSV at all at this time.  If you do have HSV orally you can only spread it during kissing but only when you have a coldsore and times where you may be shedding the virus without any symptoms.  Which is not a constant thing.  

Speak with your doctor and see if they advise any testing.  
Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.