Herpes Community

Lymph node pain - HSV2

I was diagnosed with genital HSV2 this past July via a culture sample. Ever since, I have experienced lots of lymph node pain in my groin area as well as pain down my inner thigh. The pain isn't bad, just more annoying.  Is this normal?  I have had a CBT done and everything was fine.  I have had 3 HIV tests, all negative.  I went to the Dr. who wasn't much help, but prescribed me 400mg acyclovir/daily for suppression.  
Your prescription should be 400mg twice a day.
COMMUNITY LEADER
Have you had any other std tests done?  If you are female, you should also be tested for bacterial vaginosis and yeast.

Aj
Thank you for the responses, I have had all the STD's done, all came back negative.  No other classic STD symptoms or signs.
COMMUNITY LEADER
Well, you need to follow up with your doctor then.  Herpes might be the cause, but you need to follow up to make sure.

Aj
Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.