Meatus and HSV?

Hey there all!

I noticed that my meatus has a very small bump. Im not sure if it has always been there. If this was an HSV2 blister, would it hurt when I urinate? Because it doesn't and I'm not sure what to make of it.

I got worried when I squeezed the head of my penis as some very small amount of clear fluid came out from this bump. But I would have imagined that if this was HSV it would have stung when I urinate. Also, it does not hurt to touch.

I found this post from a different website that sounds very similar to my situation...

"Hi, I am 19 years old and I have had unprotected sex (very stupid) with multiple partners including anal sex. I always ask about STD's and such before I have sex with a girl and I have never had any issues until about 3 weeks ago. I had just finished masturbating and I noticed a small bump on the left side of my urethral meatus. When i noticed it, it wasn't causing me any issues at all. It wasn't painful and it was not discharging on it's own or anything. Because I saw it there, I started messing with it and I even tried to pop it because I thought it might be a pimple of some sort. When I squeezed the bump, clear-colored discharge came out that looked like pre-cum. Over the next few days, it started to sting a bit and then I had this weird tingling pain in my perineum (taint). I went to see the doctor and he told me I shouldn't worry about it at all because it didn't look like an STD. He put me on an antibiotic called Bactrim, just to be safe. Throughout the course of the antibiotics, I accidentally forgot to take the pill in the morning on three different occasions. When I finished the antibiotics, the small bump was still there so I went back to the doctor. He looked at it and again said it didn't look like anything but he did a complete STD test (urine and blood); all the tests came back negative. He gave me an ointment called Mupirocin 2% and prescribed another round of antibiotics. Right now I am using the ointment and still have about a week left on my antibiotics and there is really no sign of it going away. I was wondering if this could be something that is NOT an STD? Has anyone else had the same experience? If this still does not go away after I am done with the second round of antibiotics, should I go back to the doctor or should I just wait it out and see if it goes away on its own? I also wonder if I caused it by messing with it and maybe it is just a fungus or something?"

I also messed around with it and had a similar clearish-precum type fluid come out. Does this sound like herpes?
Anyone? would HSV of the urethra/meatus cause pain when urinating?

You are reading content posted in the Herpes Community

Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.