New GF has tested positive for I & II....Heres the thing....

IGG via LabCorp results is as follows
-hsv i/ii igg
34.8
0.0-0.8
index
-hsv 1 igg, type spec
     3.40
    0.00-0.90 index
-hsv 2 igg, type spec
4.83
0.00-0.90 index
So there are 3 separate results here.  3.40 for type HSV 1, 4.83 for type 2, and then 34.8 for....? both?  That is a bit confusing.  
The other thing is that this Dx is from 2012, the blood draw was routine and not done due to symptoms.  At no time has she ever had symptoms of any kind. Also, She has never taken Antiviral meds as a result of the diagnosis..So, 5 years and never a single symptom.
A zoster VZV test was also done and the results were 2.0 meaning "immune".   I am having a hard time coming to terms with her diagnosis.   I have been trying hard not to bring this up because it makes her feel terrible about herself.  I am looking into Western Blot and would like to get some advice from some folks about the chances of this being a false positive.  Thank you so much for reading.  
To clarify, what the hell does 34.8 mean?
Also, IgM was preformed and reads 2.0.  IgM range is 0.0-0.9
And yes, I know IgM is useless
COMMUNITY LEADER
Those results are pretty conclusive. You can do the western blot as a confirmation test if you want. I know this isn't easy but those values are 90% conclusive.
Even with the complete lack of symptoms?
COMMUNITY LEADER
Yes. Asymptotic infections do exist. This isn't uncommon. Like I said you can do another igg test or a western blot for confirmation.

You are reading content posted in the Herpes Community

Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.