Herpes Community

No symptoms

I did a full panel STD test and came back positive for HSV-1 IgG type specific test...never had an outbreak, atleast not one that I have noticed.  If I did not have a primary outbreak, does that mean I am less likely to have future outbreaks?  And if I did would it be more likely for my outbreak to be leas severe?  Is there any precautions I can take to try not to infect my partner? If I did feel an outbreak coming what is the beat medication and dose to take?  Thank you for your time.
most adults will test + for hsv1 whether they can recall obvious cold sores in their past or not. It's incredibly common.  If you can't recall symptoms either orally or genitally ever, odds are your hsv1 is oral like it is for most adults.

has your partner been tested for herpes to know their status?

grace
Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.