Herpes Community

Odds of transmission to my one year old

I've had Oral HSV1 for as long as I can remember. I've been diligent in preventing transmission to my one year old son by practicing proper hygiene and not kissing him. However, I cosleep with him and last night he woke up briefly and while comforting him, I gave him a peck on the cheek. This morning I discovered I have a cold sore on my upper lip and it's swollen and there is a visible blister underneath the skin, and appears to be advanced (like what a cold sore looks like on day two of an outbreak). It's not oozing at all. But I'm flipping out because like I said, it looks advanced. What are the odds I gave herpes to my son?! Thank you so much!
Without gim having any symptoms you should asume he doesnt have it. Afterd a few months  form birth oral hsv1 isnt a concern for baby. Not a good idea to Kiss him with the cold sore but I am sure you won't do that. But without symptoms Indint think there is any need to refrain from kissing. Note that oral herpes transmission mainly happens with the virus contact with his lips/mouth a peck on somewhere else doesn't oppose a risk
Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.