Oral Herpes

I have always gotten cold sores on my lips at least 3 times a year since I can remember. About two weeks ago I had oral sex w/ a man. It probably lasted less than a minute. For the last week my lips felt really chapped and burned. Now I have a breakout of blisters on my lips. I think I have had this condition before, but I am not sure. Could this be herpes? Like I said, I have gotten cold sores before. If you think it's herpes, do you think it's the same type that I used to get before, or could it be caused by the contact I had weeks ago. Thanks.
THERES NO TELLING WHEN YOU DEVELOPED IT, DRIFTER0213 IT IS HERPES I
No reason to suspect that this is hsv2 orally from performing oral sex on someone if that is what you were thinking. You have a history of cold sores and the irritation from performing oral combined with chapped lips very well might've triggered a recurence of it. If you aren't sure if this is a cold sore or not, see your provider today or tomorrow for further evaluation.

grace

You are reading content posted in the Herpes Community

Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.