Herpes Community

Painful thigh.

Hi, I contracted herpes through a sexual encounter about 12 yrs ago. I have a few outbreaks a year where there are a couple of sores on the head of my penis. However, I also experience some tingling and discomfort in my thigh, very sensitive skin and radiating pain which I presume to be in the nerves down to my foot. I get this feeling of discomfort without any visible signs of herpes but I do feel the two things are linked. Any advice or anybody else get this? Symptoms can last for  a few days and the skin is super sensitive to touch! Not enjoyable!
it would be unusual to have sciatica as a  prodrome and no obvious lesions at all. At this point, see your provider the next time you have it to start a work up to rule out other causes.  

grace
Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.