Pelvic pain and discharge

Hello, I am a 37 year old female and was just recently diagnosed with hsv2.
I've had constant pelvic pain with discharge and no out break. My doctor recommended valtrex, which I have been taking for 2 weeks. The pelvic pain and diachergeh are still there, also burning and tingling..I can't bare to sit down for long periods of time.
This has been going on for about 10 weeks.
Are these symptoms normal to hsv2? Has anyone experienced anything similar?
Absolutely not. These do not sound like HSV2 symptoms. Even if you have HSV2, these symptoms are unlikely to be all caused.

How were you diagnosed with HSV2? By swab or blood test?
by blood test
I had the igg elisa test
results 2.13
thank you fleetwood20 for your reply.
I really dont understand these symptoms.. Could it be possible that I have blisters inside?
thank you fleetwood20 for your reply.
I really dont understand these symptoms.. Could it be possible that I have blisters inside?  I also tested for other std's they all came out negative
Hi as Fleetwood suggests these do not appear as herpes symptoms for a few reason. They would not last this long and taking valtrex should have improved any symptoms. Your hsv2 falls into the false positive range so another test would be needed to confirm.
thank you life360,
! will take another test to confirm results.. valtrex did improve symptoms a little but not completely> I will post again when I get new results

You are reading content posted in the Herpes Community

Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.