Herpes Community

Please help im so scared!!!

About 20 days ago I noticed a few bumps on my chin over a part of my beard. Take into consideration I was under no stress and I had shaved the area earlier that day. I thought it was pimples so I applied some Proactiv on it and at the end of the day i saw no change in them. I then tried to pop them but nothing came out so I just applied some A&D Ointment and Neosporin on it. I noticed them disappearing little by little as the day/s went on. I also applied some Peroxide on them and felt a little sizzle as I applied it. Im on day 20 and all thats left is a pinkish stain like what new skin looks like. I have not had contact with anyone who showed cold sores or given oral sex to anyone or even shared a glass not even someone who has a history of Herpes nor did I feel the Prodrone stage of a cold sore. No tingle or pulsating and even after i tried to pop them I got no oozing or weeping crusting or chaffing. I have never had anything like this so I looked online for some help or advice and all I got was my nerves and emotions put on edge from the horrific pictures and stories I read. Now I find myself constantly looking in the mirror and feeling like something is on my lips but there is not. I saw a few articles on Folliculitis vs Herpes and thought that could be one conclusion but am not a Dr. so thats why I'm here. The thing that stresses me the most is I have a 1 year old son who is beautiful and a loving wife whom I can't help but feel like I may be the monster who brings them Herpes. Please help and give me some advice of what I should and can do. Please respond asap because I feel like my days are getting harder and harder and feel like I might be slipping into depression because my mind wont let go and accept the fact that it could have been nothing
Shaving can cause in grown hairs which look like pimples and if you are feeling itching on your lips in a specific area try applying abreva (cold sore medicine) or see a physician if it's bothering you this much.
Its not and itching feeling it's more like my mind playin tricks on me I think. Do my symptoms sound like HSV-1? Also forgot to state the bumps were instantly hard when they formed and were close together right over my hair under my lip but not on my lip.
statistically at least you or your wife has hsv1 orally. odds are neither of you have ever been tested for it before to know your status. It's incredibly common and not many of us make it to the old folks home without it.

at this point you have 2 options since things are healed now. either get a type specific herpes igg blood test to see what your overall herpes status is or wait and should these return , be seen promptly for a proper work up.  If you are going to bother to pursue the herpes angle, your wife should also have a type specific herpes igg blood test done so that you both know who has what. odds are she wasn't tested for herpes when pregnant.

grace
Thanks for your response Grace but by my description what I really am trying to ask is if I should worry or even consider the Herpes route? Also with first occurrences isn't that usually the worst? I only ask because the symptoms of herpes really didn't pertain to my situation but when you get something you never experienced before your mind tends to wander. Also by what I have said is my son or wife at any real risk of anything besides a crazy daddy?
Another thing is the area where the problem occurred which is now like pink new skin. I see a tiny whitehead has popped up on it. This is usually an area which is very oily for me any remarks?
To me it sounds like in grown hairs or just plain old pimples if it's greasy or oily in that region. Pimples can form in clusters and can sometimes be harder than normal.
yes it could be herpes or any number of things. At this point you've poked, prodded, lotioned and potioned so much it's gonna make it hard to know what it really was.  

grace
Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.