Herpes Community

Possible herpes or just ulcers caused by aldara ? feeling very depressed

Hello, I had last protected exposure with an escort 6 months back. A few days back, I developed bumps on my penile shaft which were diagonsed by my dermatologist as molluscum. He prescribed Aldara cream 5 % and asked me to apply. I applied a full sachet at a time daily in the nights for about 20 days. I think that some of the excess aldara cream also got on to me scrotum testicle skin which turned the area red. After a few days, there was a watery discharge which further developed into small ulcers. I tried all types of creams and neem oil on it which i think worsened the situation. I showed them to my doc and he told that it is herpes so get tested for it. I got IGG and IGM ELISA for HSV 1 & 2 done (26 weeks after last exposure) which came back as 0.09 and 0.29 respectively which i presume to be a non reactive result as anythink less than 0.8 is negative. The doctor told that the test is unreliable and it can still be herpes as the ulcers are not healing well and the affected area is black and yellow. What should i do now as I am getting married in a few days and feel suicidal now. Is it really herpes or aldara damage ?
i would ask the doctor that last question. remember that it is totally treatable what you have or see a dermatologist ok. it is not the end of the world please see a psychiatrist for your feelings ok :)
Thanks!! But can a negative test result 26 weeks after exposure be wrong ? How can i marry now..what for would i marry now ? I can't have kids with herpes in my system as I would infect my partner if i have sex with her. How can aldara burns initiate herpes
i would heartly request a reply as I am shattered.
it's very common to get skin issues like this with aldara use.  It works by giving you a chemical burn.

no reason to doubt your herpes testing even though it appears that you had non-type specific herpes igg blood testing done. It was completely negative.  

has your partner been examined to see if she has molluscum too?

grace
Hi Grace,

Thanks for replying. I am about to get married in a few days from now and don't have the courage to disclose this to my partner that my doctor thinks that I have herpes. If I do so, it will be a havoc for mine and her family as all arrangements have been done. I just cannot run away from marriage now. Its so stupid of me to indulge in such activities 7 months back that i have to repay for it now at marriage time. Although i have got ELISA HSV 1 & 2 IGG and IGG both, negative, still the doctor says it can be herpes. I have got these tests done from a very advanced lab here in India. Moreover, when aldara burnt my scotum, I did not have any such symptoms like tingling, fever etc etc. I have a robust immune system. In the past year I have hardly caught fever. Regarding molluscum, i showed to three doctors. Two identified it as molluscum and 1 identified it as HPV and also i got them lasered off. As per all of them, i have HPV and I have herpes and I have molluscum as well. I have also heard that aldara triggers off herpes. God knows what will happen when my partner will find out these things that these are all STD's nd she will get infected too
Is it possible for the HSV virus to hide in the body after exposure and the body does not find it so it is unable to make antibodies ? Or can it only be detected in case when a ELISA test is done after an outbreak as only during an outbreak the body makes antibodies irrespective of the exposure ? I got tested negative for both IGG and IGM for both HSV 1 & 2 nearly 6 months after exposure. My lab says that these tests are reliable provided they have been taken after window period. What is the truth. Should i spend more money and get tested by western blot ? I am unable to find a lab which tests WB for HSV 1 & 2 . I am very stressed. Can i marry or not as I cannot tell my partner about all this. My doc says that even if you have herpes, its not a big thing. With negative test results well after the window period, still can i be infected. Please reply Grace.
really no reason to think this is herpes going on. the symptoms you are experiencing are very common with aldara use.

your partner needs to know about this since you are about to get married!!  it's a topic that should've been discussed long ago.
Hi Grace..Thanks. Even if tests are negative after 6 months of exposure, why did doctors say that it is indeed herpes without even bothering to know which test I have undergone. Can visual inspection be such a powerful parameter ? Why do they even ask me to test when they don't believe in test results ? Or they don't have extensive knowledge about it. One of them also mentioned that in women sometimes herpes can be acquired from air during mensuration and in men it can also be acquired through sitting on toilet seats. This is amazing stuff. I do not know whom to believe ? My test results or the doctor's version. In deep concern
Hi Grace,

Please reply
Hi Grace also let me know if medicines like zincornia or tebina or lerafil or vitamin supplements could have delayed seroconversion or somehow affected the hsv testing with the hsv antibosdies becoming undetectable due to them. Does antibiotic medication can really effect test results ?
you are seeing providers who aren't all that educated on herpes :(  you absolutely do not contract herpes from using public toilets and it can never, ever, EVER just travel through air to infect someone.

no vitamins that we are aware of are effective for herpes nor do they affect testing.
Thanks Grace...and does antibiotic medications effect herpes test results ?
Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.