A
A
A
Close
Herpes Community
27.6k Members

Primary outbreak, blisters popping

Hi there,

I am experiencing a primary outbreak from suspected HSV1 genital. A swab was taken (results due next week) and Dr. prescribed Valtrex. Blisters on my labia, perineal area began popping and oozing 24 hours ago, and still weeping like crazy. I have been cleaning every hour or 2 with cotton pads dipped in salt water or an epsom soak followed by blow dry. Wondering 1) how long does this stage usually last? 2) is there any more I can be doing to expedite healing/drying up?
3 Responses
What has been your sexual history in the past week?

Are you taking antivirals?
Feb3 had sex and oral with partner. Partner does get cold sores, but nothing active around time. Early symptoms began Feb 8. Feb 10 sores noticeable, Feb 11 to Dr who swabbed & began antiviral Valtrex. Feb 13 blisters began popping.
This is sounding like a primary herpes infection. The antivirals are the best you can do. Keep the sores a little moist with a cream of your choice.
Have an Answer?
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Can HIV be transmitted through this sexual activity? Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia answers this commonly-asked question.
A breakthrough study discovers how to reduce risk of HIV transmission by 95 percent.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.