Herpes Community

Protected and Unprotected Sex

My boyfriend and I have stayed together after our 1st scare that I may have infected him. We've had protected sex until recently we had sex 3 times in one night. Two with condoms one without a condom. How worried should we be that I've infected him? We also worry because of his foreskin.
COMMUNITY LEADER
The risk is very low. Its not zero risk but the odds are very much in the favor of him not being inflected.
What's earliest time frame for symptoms to show?
COMMUNITY LEADER
2 days. Average is 4-5 days.
Hi my boyfriend said he has 2 areas on the shaft of his penis that hurts when water hits it. He described them as like he's rubbed the skin off. None of of this showed until this morning.
COMMUNITY LEADER
Do you have hsv1 or hsv2?
Hsv2 for 20+yrs on 500 valacyclovir for 10+yrs
Can symptoms appear within 12hrs of infection?
COMMUNITY LEADER
Ok. Being on antiviral meds decreases the odds even lower. No. Hsv symptoms will not come on within 12 hours. The first thing he would probably notice would be lesions. That being said the odds are les than one in a thousand.
Thank you for your feedback!
You're very welcome.
Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.