Herpes Community

Rates / Risk of oral transmission?

I am male and my partner is female near the same age, in our 40s.  I have been HSV2 positive for 10+ years and she has only been positive about 10 months, both
genitally..  We just started dating a few weeks ago.  My question is this - what are the transmission risks / rates when engaging in oral sex?   I am on daily meds, she isn't.  I have never transmitted to anyone orally in my 10+ years.  I have heard that HSV2 is not easily transferred from genitals to mouth?  Is this correct?  It is my understsnding that HSV2 prefers the genital environment.    Can anyone provide transmission rates / statistics or medical expertise?  
With established genital HSV-2 infections, there is a near zero (if not zero) chance of an oral infection occurring. I do not believe there has been an observed case of this happening. There are no studies possible given the exceptionally low chance.
Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.