Herpes Community

Roof of Mouth Feels Sore?

The roof of my mouth near the back of my front teeth and then near a molar of mine has been feeling a little sore lately (and I keep rubbing it with my tongue so my tongue somewhat feels weird but I think its just the friction). There are no raised bumps or anything I can feel that I don't think is just my regular mouth structure. If I had given my boyfriend unprotected oral sex about 19 days ago, should I be concerned about STDs like herpes? He has never had anything noticeable on his penis to raise suspicion.
COMMUNITY LEADER
I would not suspect hsv at all. Or any other std for that matter. Hsv rarely is in the mouth. Always on the lips. Plus the areas you describe don't come in contact with your partners skin.
Oh and also on the roof of my mouth towards the back more, since I've been studying it I've noticed these teeny tiny bumps and idk if they're supposed to be there or if they're like herpes or something?? I'm freaking out
COMMUNITY LEADER
I would bet against it. There are a lot of little bumps up there. They seem to be more pronounced at vertain times but I would not suspect herpes.  Hsv2 is very very rarely transfered orally. 19 days later would be on the rare long side to get symptoms. Nothing adds up to hsv here. Not the timeline and definitely not the symptoms.
COMMUNITY LEADER
Thars supposed to be certain times. Sorry I fat fingured the phone
An update: I showed my mother my mouth who is saying she is seeing like a bump and it's freaking me out a lot Bc I read online that intraoral herpes can form where they're forming.
COMMUNITY LEADER
It would be very rare. I would suggest getting it looked at by a Dr. Again nothing you describe sounds even remotely like hsv.
Would going to a pediatric dentist be enough? Also would I have to inform them of my sexual experiences or can I just tell them the symptoms?
COMMUNITY LEADER
You can see the dentist. I bet they will be able to tell you what it is. You don't have to tell the
Dentist if they don't know what it is I would then tell them your concerns
Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.