STD test result

every std test is negative ..except herpes simplexx virus
i come to know that hsv is done by two method one is igg and other is igm
my igg value is 23.3 and igm is 0.5....
my doctor is still saying i dont have herpes simplex ..he saying thats my preveious value ....i dont have any medical history i never have herpes in my life ...because i didnt done sex with anyone ...can anyone explain ...igg and igm herpes simplex value
you should've received one result for hsv1 and one for hsv2.

grace
then which is for hsv1 and hsv2...iGg is from hsv1
your igg is more likely a combined igg result that doesn't differentiate between  hsv1 and hsv2. Ask your provider to properly order the right tests so you get a hsv1 igg and a hsv2 igg test done instead of the one they used.

You are reading content posted in the Herpes Community

Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.