Herpes Community

STD test results I’m so confused. My doc is on vacation for the next week and half.

So I have always got routine STD checks. I’ve been with the same partner for almost 5 years. The office called me to tell me the doc wanted me to come in to discuss my lab results. I intially freaked out of course . I also had my thyroid levels checked. Upon viewing my lab results my thyroid is completely out of wack but I’m confused by the HSV 1 and 2 test results. This is exactly how it looks:

HSV 1 and 2 IGM ABS, Indirect
HSV 1 IGM antibodies         <1:10.      Titer.      < 1:10
HSV 2 IGM ANTIBODIES     <1:10      Titer.      < 1:10
HSV 1 & HSV 2 share many cross-reacting antigens. Elevated titers.
COMMUNITY LEADER
Igm tests for herpes are useless and this test should not be given to adults. Even the CDC is against giving the igm. Disregard the igm testing altogether.
Ok thank you. Is there another test I should have done ? I’ve always just gotten routine blood tests.
COMMUNITY LEADER
Im sure they gave you an igg test as well. That's the test you want to stick with
They didn’t ! I wish I could take a pic of the results and post it.
COMMUNITY LEADER
Well then next time you test make sure it's igg only.
Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.