Herpes Community

Sore red lips after kissing?

Last night i had been drinking in a club and ended up kissing someone with tongues. This morning i woke up and my lips are red and quite sore, it got me quite paranoid and i ended up searching on the net and things like herpes was popping up. Is this a possible sympton?

Herpes wouldn't come in the next day.  This could be anything be seen by your provider for a proper work up.
The dry lips faded for abit but its starting to come back again so its got me concerned. If it was anything to do with herpes would there be more symptons than just dry lips?
Well ive become really paranoid now and starting looking in my mouth if theres bumps or anything. There is a biggish bump inside my mouth on my cheek area and im not sure what that is. Below my bottom teeth at the front when i pull my lip forward there are 3 small little whitish bumps, does this sound like herpes?
if you are concerned, see your provider. Nothing you've mentioned sounds like herpes.

grace
I was starting to forget this but on Monday night i started to feel ill and it lasted all day yesterday and was pretty much over by today. I had a headache, achey muscles and felt really hot and then really cold. Ive read on some sites about feeling unwell so how does this sound more like it could be herpes now?
This could be anything.  People get sick.  It's not uncommon to get things from allergies and other things.  See your provider for a proper work up.
Thanks for the reply, im really concerned though as i cant even remember the last time i had flu like symptons. This morning i felt fine but then this afternoon my head has started aching and ive felt really light on my feet, it i started to lean back i would pretty much fall down. I have never like this and never used to get headaches. Can all of these things be associated with herpes?

When would be the best time to get checked? It will be 3 weeks this coming Saturday, is that long enough or will i need to wait longer?
really - you are obsessing now!!!  PEOPLE GET SICK!

Sorry yeh i am obsessing, its the only thing ive been thinking about all day. Just to me though i seem to be going through what all websites list as symptons for the flu-like symptons and ive read plenty of people say how they started with flu symptons and then found out they had herpes.
sometimes the flu really is the cold/flu dear :)
I really wish it was flu this time but i dont think so :( my lips have felt horrible today, ever since the morning after the kiss they havnt been right and they really are making me think its herpes. I really cant see it been anything else now unfortunately :(
follow up with your provider as needed.
Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.