Herpes Community

Specific Cream Question...

If a person has a herpes outbreak on their chin, and they apply hydrocortisone cream only to normal, dry skin on the sides of their nose and under their eyes, can it make the herpes outbreak on their chin worse?  Or would the person be fine using the cream, as long as they didn't use it on the herpes sores?
it's most helpful when you just keep asking questions in your original post instead of making new ones each time. thank you for your future cooperation with this.

it can make their herpes worse. continue to follow up with a provider as needed for this issue you have.
Sorry Grace, I'll not to start new threads unless they address completely different issues.

Some of the information on this site conflicts with everything I've read about orofacial herpes, but the source seems reliable:

http://www.herpes.org.uk/coldsores.html

What is your expert opinion?  Should I trust the information on this site?
Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.